Glavkosmos JSC in 2017 created a new company, an international commercial operator of launch services based on the Soyuz-2 launch vehicle -
Fregat Upper Stage 1/3
Fregat multi-purpose upper stage has been used since 2000 as a part of the launchers for delivering the spacecrafts to various orbits. It is manufactured by NPO Lavochkin.
- Multi-purpose conception. It provides the delivery of satellites to different orbits within one mission. The upper stage is used in medium-class (Soyuz) and heavy-class (Zenit) launchers.
- Accuracy. It provides the highest accuracy in delivering satellites to their target orbits.
- Reliability. Fregat upper stage has a flight proven record of high reliability.
As of May 2016, 58 launches of various Fregat modifications were executed with orbital insertion of more than 100 Russian and foreign satellites.
RD0110 engine 2/3
Based on the RD0106 engine of the R-9A ballistic missile, the RD0110 engine was developed for the 3rd stages of the Molnia, Voskhod, and Soyuz launchers which have enabled ascension of the automatic interplanetary stations to Mars and Venus, delivery of spaceships with two- and three-man crew to the low-Earth orbits. This engine is also used for the delivery of astronauts and cargo to the International Space Station, and for an orbital insertion of spacecraft under the state and commercial missions.
- RD0110 is one of the world’s most reliable rocket engines. It has facilitated over 1,500 launches.
- The RD0110 engine is manufactured by Voronezh Mechanical Plant under the supervision of the design office “Konstruktorskoye Buro Khimavtomatiky” (Voronezh).
RD0124 (14D23) engine was developed to replace the RD0110 engine; it is more efficient and comparable with the level of the world’s best technical solutions. This engine is used for Soyuz-2 launches from the Russian space centers and Kourou space center in French Guiana (Guiana Space Center).
- The major components of the 14D23 engine are used in the RD0124A engine designed for Angara launcher family.
- RD0124 engines are produced by the design office “Konstruktorskoye Buro Khimavtomatiky” (Voronezh).
RD-107A and RD-108A engines 3/3
The RD-107 (for the 1st stage) and RD-108 (for the 2nd stage) engines were designed for the first intercontinental ballistic missile R-7 and Vostok, Voskhod, Molnia and Soyuz families of launchers. The use of these engines facilitated the successful launch of the first Earth artificial satellite in October 1957 and the first human space flight in April 1961. The engines enable implementation of LV missions under the Russian Federal Space Program, flights to the International Space Station (ISS) and under commercial projects.
- The engines have been repeatedly upgraded, and their current versions – RD-107A (14D21) and RD-108A (14D22) are more efficient and have a higher level of workflow stability in the chambers.
- RD-107 and RD-108 power plants are among the world’s most reliable and proven engines. They have facilitated over 1,870 launches.
- RD-107 and RD-108 engines are produced by the JSC “KUZNETSOV” (Samara) under the designer supervision of the NPO Energomash (Moscow Region, Khimki).
Soyuz-2 is a new generation of medium-class launchers based on the world’s longest operating civil Soyuz launcher. It incorporates innovative solutions and national achievements in launch vehicle building. Soyuz-2 features an increased power capacity, modern control system and eco-friendly propellant.
ACCESS TO VARIOUS ORBITS
Soyuz-2 launcher with the Fregat upper stage provides payload injection into the most demanded orbits today: a low-Earth orbit, a sun-synchronous orbit, a geostationary transfer orbit, a geostationary orbit, and interplanetary orbits.
THE OPTIMUM SOLUTION FOR SATELLITE CONSTELLATION LAUNCHING
Soyuz-2 / Fregat launch system provides launching of satellite constellations and their further delivery to various orbits.